Friday, June 13, 2014

Off We Go Again!

Linnea and I in the car on the way to SeaTac airport.
I have a few moments to jot down some thoughts before we head off to Sweden this year. Linnea and I are making the trip by ourselves this time as we are leaving a week ahead of the boys. I took her out of school a little early (just Kindergarten right?) so we could enjoy the Midsummer festivities which are next week. I was afraid if we left right after school was out, we would be too jet lagged to enjoy them. Also, Fredrik only has 5 weeks of vacation and so why not take an extra week since I run my own business and control my own schedule? :)

I know I packed too many things and I hope that won't be something I regret later. Fredrik suggested that next time I take Davin instead of Linnea because well ... us girls have a LOT of stuff that we require when we travel. The boys need a pair of shoes, 3 shirts and 3 pants. Or something like that!

I also thought it was funny to read my last blog post almost 3 years ago "Dreaming of a Swedish House" and that is exactly what we did! Not really what I had envisioned 3 years ago but it is a modest home in the country and I can't wait to see it in person. It will be nice to have our own space in Sweden.

I will update as often as I can here! See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Is this the 1st time you'll see it in person all decorated? You two will have a blast with some great mommy/daughter bonding fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I have seen it in person. Fredrik took a bunch of photos of all the furniture when he was here last but it is different to see it with my own eyes. I will make some more changes for sure but for now it is just fine.

      Delete
  2. Janipaev/Midsummer festival was the highlight of summer when I lived in Estonia. Such fun that you two will be there together! Enjoy the festivities! So cool too that your dream has come true! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the midsummer festivities here! It is the main reason why I came early so we can enjoy them. :)

      Delete