Thursday, July 30, 2015

Off to Iceland

I just was looking back at the last post here and I stopped in the middle of our trip to Oregon. I just ran out of steam posting I guess! So now ... here I am at 5:30am ... the only one awake and thinking ... what should I do? Hmm, maybe start blogging again? Yeah. That is a good idea. The only problem is that I usually do this at the same time I am going through my photos so I can remind myself what we have done. Well, Fredrik bought this new fancy camera and I don't know how to get the photos off of it yet. Hmmm ... bugger. Here goes nothing!

How far back should I go? Well, there was an exciting thing that happened on the way to the airport on Thursday July 30th. We left in plenty of time because the Blue Angels were scheduled to practice at the same exact time we would be driving to the airport. They close down one of the floating bridges so they can practice for the air show at Seafair this weekend. This causes traffic of course as all the bridge traffic gets redirected to the freeway we will be traveling on.

So, we are on the freeway and yes there are a lot of cars and it gets REALLY slow at the I-90 interchange. Expected. Well, as we are sitting there waiting in the sea of cars on the freeway ... all the sudden a tight formation of the Blue Angels appears right before us and zoom off to the east over the bridge. Unexpected! Good thing we were already at a standstill because if not, I might have ran into someone. Whew! Of course, there was no time to snap a photo!

There was nothing else really noteworthy on our plane ride. No one slept as usual. We forgot the melatonin at home even though my husband ran to the store late last night specifically to pick some up. I have a short video of the northern lights that displays at night in our airplane. That is pretty much all for today.

 




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy beautiful Iceland and give it a hug for new! We went in March and I posted all about our adventure. There's lots of cell service so you have no excuse. You need to share with us. Check out my Facebok page from March. It was fin to post about and gain followers as I went along. Have a great time! Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was following your adventures in March! There will be more to come for sure!

      Delete