Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Things I Miss ~ Part 2

Besides the new tooth that Linnea got ... there wasn't much to blog about today. I played computer games with Davin most of the afternoon. We ate take out quiche of brie, sausage and sun-dried tomatoes? Whatever it was, it was good. The weather turned chilly again today and it has been at -7 C or +19 F most of the day. Now it is almost -9 C or +16 F. I have been thinking a lot about what I am missing the most about home and there are a few things I really am looking forward to doing:
  • Getting my nails and toes done. I haven't had my acrylics filled in almost 5 weeks now. Gah, they look horrible!
  • Getting my hair colored. I didn't have time to get it done before I left and I was already overdue. I did manage to get a hair cut but that means most of my color is now gone and it is surprising how much gray hair I have now! I guess it is final. I am coloring my hair for the rest of my life now!
  • Having a latte or some fancy schmancy coffee drink. The coffee here is black, black, black with a little more black thrown in for good measure. I don't mind it for a while but after 4 weeks of it ... I would like something different!
  • My Swiffer vacuum and my dog Sadie. I am so tired of sweeping every freaking meal and of course the kids don't eat together so it is pretty much all day that I am cleaning up after them. I do miss my pets for more than their clean up skills but it really makes me wish someone had a dog in Fredrik's family!
  • My own bed to sleep in. Irene and Farfar's bed is by far the nicest one we have slept in here but it is still just two twin beds pushed together and the line in the middle is really starting to bug me. I just want my own bed for cripes sake!
  • Money. It really is a good thing that Irene won't let us pay for ANYTHING while we are here. Part of the reason why we can stay 4 weeks here is because 2 of them are left from his family paternity leave because we had Linnea. Part of Fredrik's paycheck is paid through a different company and they send us CHECKS that we have to deposit. Yuck. So, we have money but it is sitting at the post office. Actually, we have other money we can access in a pinch but it still feels weird to have our checking account so poor right now.
  • Friends. I miss my playgroup friends and others. Fredrik's family is very nice but gosh I would kill for a girls night out about now.
  • TiVo. We are going to have so much stuff to catch up on but I do miss seeing our regular shows and being able to turn on whatever we want to watch instead of channel surfing.
I guess that is all for now. Time to watch another movie if the kids will allow it. Last night we got to watch Mama Mia which was a lot of fun. I have had ABBA songs in my head all day. I think the last movie we wanted to watch is The Dark Knight.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too! AND Jinny can't wait until you get back... she's dying for a MNO. :)

    ReplyDelete