Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time to go home

Well, the day is finally here where we are packing and getting ready to head home. It came faster than I thought it would and now I wish I had more time for shopping or something. The reason I stopped blogging for a few days was because we went to visit Fredrik's brother Erik and his fiance? Anna and that pretty much took all day. We got home very late and I usually blog in the evenings. Then on Friday I came down with a nasty headache so I ended up sleeping most of the day. Now it looks like I have some sort of stomach issue where everytime I eat I feel sick and have diareha. I think we all have the same sort of thing except for Davin. It's been making the packing oh so much more fun! I am really not looking forward to traveling if we are all sick. It is very annoying because I do get hungry but I feel terrible when I am eating or just after. I am pretty sure my headache was part of being sick too because I just slept and didn't eat anything until 6 or 7pm that evening. That is when I felt a bit nauseous and it hasn't gone away since. 

To top everything off, I tried turning on my computer today and found that it refused to boot up. Great. Fredrik thinks the harddrive has been fried. My computer was very hot when I picked it up so I think after 2 days of sitting there with the vent blocked and sitting under Fredrik's monster laptop ... it was just too much. I hope we can get Dell to fix it when we get back and that I can recover the info on my harddrive. Ugh. 

Tonight was Farfar's birthday ... he turned 59 today! We had a big dinner with all the family here but unfortunately it was too rich of a meal for me to enjoy it. I am sure it was very good! It was beef tenderloin cooked over thinly sliced potatoes in a creamy sauce. I only ate a few bites and ate the steamed brocolli instead. It's funny because we had to teach Irene how to steam brocolli! She usually just buys it frozen and boils the heck out of it. ;) It is typical of how vegetables are done in Sweden so we were happy to show her how we like to prepare it. Anyway, I was still hungry after dinner so I tried some milk and Cherrios but even that upset my tummy. 

Well, I better catch up on my blogging for the past few days and then finish packing. We leave on the train at 9am tomorrow, get to Arlanda at around 11:30am and get on the airplane to Copenhagen at 1:15pm. There is a quick transfer to another plane in Denmark which I hope will go smoothly. We are schecduled to arrive in Seattle at 4:45pm which will be 1:45am in Swedish time. I hope we can transition back to Seattle time quicker than when we came to Sweden!

No comments:

Post a Comment