Saturday, June 28, 2014

Another Day, Another Party!

We woke up pretty late on Saturday ... around 10am. We were slow to get ready and eat breakfast so we decided to have our first "American" breakfast of bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. The hashbrowns are different than at home as they have onion, ham and sausage mixed in with the cubed potatoes. This made for a VERY filling meal!

Then I checked my messages and discovered that Erik had texted me that we were invited over to Maj & Ingvars for a BBQ at 1pm. Oops! I usually put my phone on silent at night because sometimes we get a phone call in the middle of the night (which is the middle of the day in the states). So, I didn't hear the message in time to prevent our big breakfast. It was almost noon before I saw the message and none of us had gotten ready for the day ... it took us a while to get out of the house.

We got to Maj & Ingvar's close to 2pm and most everyone had finished eating. We weren't hungry anyway. It was funny to see everything set up outside under tents and umbrellas because it was pouring down rain! Welcome to summer in Sweden! They are determined to enjoy the outdoors because it has been a very dark and cold winter. I guess we didn't get any photos outside but it was pretty funny looking!

Everyone was there ... Bjorn, Carro & Sebastian ... Staffan, Lena, Eddie & Vincent ... Farmor ... Eric, Anna, Vidar, Liv & Mia ... Cattis, Patrik, Ebbe & Vilda. It was good to see everyone. Then we went inside for "fika" and apparently it was time to get me liquored up! I had a shot of a sweet liqueur, cognac and whiskey. Good thing I have a designated driver at all times!
Erik, Patrik, Anna

Vincent and Mia
To the far left ... Carro, Sebastian & Staffan. At the table is Cattis, Lena & Ingvar. 
All the kids were upstairs eating ice cream or popsicles and watching TV.
Davin, Ebbe, Eddie, Liv & Vilda.
So many kids to fit into one photo! Over to the left is Vidar and Linnea.
Sebastian, Bjorn, Carro, Lena, Staffan, & Maj
The spa girls! Anna, Monica & Cattis.
Monica, Cattis, Farmor (Monika) & Maj.

No comments:

Post a Comment