Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Early Morning

Today was an early morning at Bondarv. I feel like our house here in Sweden should have a name and I suppose this is as good as any. We live at "Bondarv Myragatan 20, Järvsö, Sweden" which is located exactly here:


So as you see it is part of our street name. I don't know ... maybe I will think of a better name later but this one is sticking for now. Anyway, I woke up around 4:30am today but I didn't really want to wake up so I stayed in bed until 5:30am and decided that more sleep was not going to happen. I am apparently a morning person right now in Sweden! What a change from my normal routine.

I decided to try to do some laundry since I was too tired to do any last night. I go into the laundry room and discover a bunch of buttons that I don't understand...
Hmm, what buttons to push?
So, I chatted with Fredrik to get a translation of all the buttons. While I waited, I enjoyed this view outside the laundry room door...
Laundry room view
Laundry room view - close up of the barn
It was nice to enjoy while I waited for a translation. Come to find out that it didn't matter what button I pressed because the power was turned off! Well, I did figure it out fairly quickly and got the laundry started. Now, off to start the dishwasher. As I am doing the dishes, I get to enjoy this view...
Kitchen window view. In the distance, you can see the water of the Ljusnan which is a big river here in Sweden.
The best views from the house are available while I do the dishes and the laundry? Some of my least favorite household tasks? Well, I guess the view helps a little. ;)

Linnea wakes up around 7am so I get breakfast and tell her it is time to take a bath. After that it was my turn to take a shower and wait for Farmor to arrive. She is coming to pick us up (I am not sure why because we have a car) and spend the day in Bollnas. More about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment