Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lazy Sunday

Hard to believe we have been here for just over a week already. The boys are still going to have some time to adjust but so far things are good. Fredrik woke up early around 4am. I woke up around 7:30am or 8am. Linnea woke up around 9am and we had to wake up Davin at 9:30am or so. We ate breakfast and talk about what to do today. Fredrik actually has energy and wants to go somewhere. I am a little surprised. He suggested going to the furniture store where he bought the couch and looked up the hours online. I was surprised again that they were open. Most stores are closed on Sunday.

We all get in the car for the 30 minute drive to the furniture store. Our phone GPS had some problems so took a little longer than that. We did get there eventually, only to find out that it was closed today because of the midsummer holiday. Haha! Oh well, we head back and decide to drive through Ljusdal which is very close by. It is also a small town and most of the shops are closed too. We head back to Jarvso.

I was getting a little hungry so we decide to stop and get something to eat. Most everyone else had lunch before we left the house but I did not. We stopped at a place called Condis Bar & Kok and I remember that we had eaten a nice dinner here the last time we were in town 3 years ago. Our food was really good but not quite what we expected either. There wasn't much for Davin to eat and he wasn't hungry anyway so he ate my chips that came with my sandwich.
Fredrik had egg and shrimp "sandwich". There was a slice of bread on the bottom.
This was my chicken club sandwich. It was really good but definitely a knife and fork meal!
Linnea had vanilla ice cream with whipped cream on top. It was almost as big as her!
I guess we didn't take a photo of what Davin ate. Oh well. Then we went home. It has been a weird weather day and it can't decide if it wants to be nice or raining. The temp says 10 C or 50 F which sounds about right. It is nice when the sun comes out! I threw the kids outside to play during a brief moment of sunshine. I also sent them to explore the cellar/basement and the barn but that didn't impress them much. Now they are back to playing video games. I guess that is okay on a day like today.

Fredrik is napping for a little while and the house is quiet since the kids are playing video games. Soon I will make meatballs and potatoes (how Swedish!) for dinner and then off to bed again. Probably another early night for us. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment