Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday - People have to work?

I went to bed late and woke up early. I think it has more to do with a certain time of the month for me (sorry guys!) than anything else. It makes me pee a lot and also paranoid about leaking on our new linens. I really don't want to do laundry if I don't need to. The washing machine is small and no dryer. Just a drying closet. It is a warm closet for your clothes to dry in so it is just like hanging them up to dry which means everything is stiff and not fluffy. Ugh.
Drying closet or cabinet

Also, it is just so quiet here! No TV, no radio, no road noise.... just the birds chirping in the morning. Linnea also woke up a bit early today around 7am. We made breakfast (toast and scrambled eggs) and are talking about what we should do today. She wants to go back to Maj & Ingvar's house because it is so "big"! I think they will get a kick out of that. They have a modest house but Linnea thinks their yard is big (it is bigger than ours in America and in Sweden) and she said they have two houses. Not exactly sure what she means but they do have a shed/storage area that was next to where we were sitting outside yesterday. Or maybe she means their basement which is where all the toys magically appeared from? Who knows but she loved it over there. Maybe we can invite ourselves over for dinner tonight since they both work today.

Yes, it is Monday and people have to work? Farmor took 7 weeks off work which covers our entire stay so she could be with us. It is still late in the evening in the USA and I am waiting for my bank transfers and payments to go through. It won't happen until tomorrow for us here in Sweden but I can stop at the bank today and try to withdraw some cash. I just hope it works or else I will have to survive on 500 SEK ($75 USD) until tomorrow.

So, it depends on if I can get cash from the bank today but I was thinking of going to Bollnas where Farmor lives (about 45 minute drive) so I can see what they have in the shops there. Or maybe we just explore Jarvso instead? I will see how I feel after my coffee and a shower.

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a drying closet! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me either but I guess it is fairly common. We will buy a dryer but we need to install the hookups for it first. The cabinet thing is nice for the winter when you want to dry out your ski/winter clothes. I just like the soft fluffiness you get from a dryer!

      Delete
  2. I'm getting a kick reading all of this. Brings me back! I remember when I first went to my host family in Antsla/Estonia. I couldn't fall asleep because it was too quite and then work up early to hearing the cows and chickens out in the fields. Hard too when it never really gets dark. Hope the $$ situation works out soon. I've had trouble with that BECU card as well. Maj & Ingvar's sounds lovely. I would want to go back there too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all the little things that you forget when you come here. The light is something to get used to as well as the quietness of the countryside too. It is nice! The money worked out just fine ... off to update the blog now!

      Delete