Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Adventures Making Cake Pops

Cattis & Patrik were heading back home today (Erik & Anna too but they only stopped for a quick goodbye) but before they left I suggested that we try making the cake pops that they bought for the 4th of July BBQ. Their kids were very interested in making them. Well, it was a good thing we didn't make them at the BBQ! They took quite a bit longer and the chocolate was difficult to work with. Oh and the time it took for the cake to cool and then the chocolate to harden as well.

They actually tasted quite good but I am not sure the effort will be worth it to use the 2nd box. We might have to settle for round cake balls (which look like donut holes) for the 2nd batch. The whole melting and dipping the chocolate was not my idea of fun. Well, the first time it was fun and we had a good laugh but I don't think I will be doing it again!
Patrik helped out in the kitchen too! He put the sprinkles into our jars for easier dispensing. 
The boys were only interested in the end product and played games instead.
Cattis cuts the chocolate. Our first melting failed.
I tried to slowly melt in the microwave but it turned into a hard lumpy mess.
I was in charge of mixing the cake mix and I offered the other beater to Vilda.
The cake mix going into the cake pop maker.
The boys decided to play soccer instead of video games.
We probably kicked them outside but at least there were no complaints. 
Our finished cake balls!
Cattis & I struggled with the chocolate dipping. The sticks didn't hold the balls very well and they were hard to coat. Then the holder put the cake pops too close together so we could only make about half. We gave up eventually. 
Back to video games for the boys while they wait for the cake pops.
I forgot to count how many we actually made. I think the kids all got two? Patrik, Cattis & Fredrik all tried one and we had two left over. So 10 or 11 total? Not too bad!
Linnea says yum!
Ebbe gives it a thumbs up!
Vilda couldn't get enough.
Davin had just the cake on a stick since he is allergic to the chocolate. He still had two!

No comments:

Post a Comment