Friday, June 29, 2007

First Doctor Appointment

So, it is official now ... everything checked out fine at the doctor's today and I even got the fun yearly exam too. I have some tests to think about for all those genetic diseases and I have no idea what to do about it. On the one hand, I would like to know but on the other hand, if we find something negative, it might taint the pregnancy. Oh and since I am over 35 now I get the extra option of doing an amniocentesis too. It doesn't sound pleasant to me and I probably won't get it unless absolutely necessary.

Oh, I lost a pound since my last visit so my doctor was asking me about morning sickness. It is pretty much constant nausea but nothing has come up ... yet. So, I guess most of my problem is finding something to eat that appeals to me. Oddly, I find myself more nauseous after I eat rather than when my tummy is empty. Soup seems to do the trick so I am stocking up on more of that. I also notice that rich foods tend to make it worse too. Bummer!

According to my doctor ... I am 7 weeks today and due on Feb.14.2008 which is my dad's birthday. What a coincidence! She also scheduled a first trimester ultrasound for next week so let's hope it goes well. We are anxious to hear a heartbeat and she didn't do the doppler in the office because the ultrasound is much more accurate and with my uterus tipped back, it is just super hard to hear anything from a doppler.

My next appointment is on July.26.2007 and I should be 11 weeks along. She also wants to do the 1 hour glucose test at that time since I had gestational diabetes during my last trimester with Davin. Oh so fun.

~Monica~

No comments:

Post a Comment