Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New Job

Did I mention that I have a new job now? Too much going on to remember if I have or haven't. Anyway, it was a long process and I wasn't even looking for a job but this job found me! I have been a customer and community member of a jewelry/diamond simulant web site for many years now. They had posted that they were looking for a new web person and I sent an email inquiring about it for a friend of mine who I thought would be perfect for it. It turned out that she wasn't interested so I offered my services only because I like this company so much. My skills are rusty and I can only do it part time so they wanted to see if they could find someone full time. Well, they weren't able to so came back to me and now here I am!

So far, the work is easy enough and most of my time is spent reading code and figuring out how things work. It is amazing how quickly all that stuff comes back!

So, here are the web sites I am working on but mostly it is just tweaking existing pages and adding some new ones. Hopefully, I will be able to work on cleaning it up as time goes along.

Takara Lab Created Diamonds
Better Than Diamond (Asha Diamond Simulant)

Bah, now you know my jewelry secret!
~Monica~

1 comment:

  1. I do appreciate your telling me about the job. But I have been bound by this sign-on bonus agreement that I wouldn't leave for 1 year or else pay back the money, so I've been stuck (just this week hit the 1 year mark). Plus, I've had a lot of medical stuff to iron out and have needed this insurance. Once all that stuff is done (I think the last of it would be a nose surgery to fix my sinuses) then I'll probably be ok with not having the insurance. As Rodney can attest, its not easy having medical issues and jumping jobs.
    Anyway, it sounds like its worked out really great for you and I'm glad you have the opportunity to give something back to this company that has been so great to you.

    ReplyDelete