Monday, June 25, 2007

My Alcohol Tolerance Tested Again

Sunday has been a very interesting day for me. Fredrik and I went to brunch at the Palisades with our friends Rod & Colleen. We are trying to have a date night together without kids every month or two. It was a ton of fun and we had a great time even though I missed out on the mimosas. I was really looking forward to those before I found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I also woke up this morning with my first touch of nausea and it didn't go away until we ate brunch. I even tried to have some milk & cereal as soon as I woke up but I mistakenly took a sip of OJ which completely turned my stomach. Oh what fun.

Then later that evening we had dinner at my grandparents house since my dad's cousin from Japan was in town visiting with his family. I was almost prepared to spill the beans if I was questioned why I wasn't drinking wine but I really didn't want everyone there to know. I know my grandma has good intentions but she always makes me feel like it was my fault for losing each baby. Thankfully, wine was not a huge feature at dinner like it would be if it was at my dad's house so I think I got away with it. I am afraid that my stepmom is starting to get a bit suspicious but so far she isn't saying anything ... which is so unlike her. Maybe she knows that it is too soon to ask such questions. I know she won't be able to hold it in much longer. Ugh.

At least another family event was completed without the dreaded LOOK or QUESTION. Whew!
~Monica~

1 comment:

  1. Monica,

    What a cool idea! I feel special to have been "let in" so early on. You're gonna be a mommy again--only 238 days to go!! How cool is that! :-) Alex is asleep in his/your swing! Phew! I cherish sleep time. :-)

    ReplyDelete