Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More flooring options

I spent much of the weekend and past few days looking at other flooring stores and took home some samples too. I originally was thinking that laminate flooring that looked like hardwood was going to be the way to go but as I was looking around, I noticed there were some samples of bamboo as well. I thought it was an interesting material but probably too expensive. However, when I mentioned it to my husband, he was more interested than I thought he was going to be and I ended up going back to one of the flooring stores to see what they had and took some samples home.

Today was the estimate from Nielson Brothers and I had them run the numbers for laminate and bamboo as well. It turns out that the difference in price was much less than I thought. Maybe less than $1000? I also decided to not replace the carpet in the bedrooms for now so that I could spend a little more money and get a nicer quality of bamboo. There is a huge difference out there in quality and I am learning more each day. I also don't want carpet on the stairs anymore so I am hoping that getting the stairs done in bamboo won't break the bank either. It is another reason why I am sacrificing the bedrooms for now.

~Monica~

No comments:

Post a Comment