Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First Nurses Appointment

I had my first nurses appointment today which is mostly just filling out paperwork and going over your medical history. I also get to pee in a cup again and get three vials of blood taken too. Fun! Most of the appointment was uneventful but we did talk a bit about my concerns about my body not rejecting the baby this time. The nurse said that they don't usually say that your chances of a miscarriage are increased until your 2nd one. However, since I am nervous they are accommodating of my fears and they will do an early ultrasound most likely. She also said that my doctor will try listening for the heartbeat at my next appointment and that amazingly most doctors are able to find it quite early. I am doubtful however since my uterus tips backward and it was really hard to hear anything with a doppler. It was even hard with the regular over the tummy ultrasound so the only way I can usually get confirmation is with that vaginal ultrasound. Super fun. I don't think I heard Davin's heartbeat for the first time until the 12/13 week appointment in my doctor's office with the doppler. I don't want to do that again!

My first doctor appointment is on 6/28.

The other news today is that I got another estimate from Great Floors today. They are slightly cheaper than Nielson Bros but not by a huge amount. For the flooring that I really liked (Teragren Bamboo) they were much more expensive but that was mostly due to the cost of the material. I have done more research and decided to give a store that specializes in bamboo a try. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say!

~Monica~

No comments:

Post a Comment