Friday, January 2, 2009

Shopping & Dinner

Irene and I went out today to do her Christmas shopping. She decided to do that instead of getting us gifts to open since we weren't going to be here on Christmas anyway. Plus, we can get what we want instead too. Well, it turned out very well since lots of shops are having big sales right now. All of the clothes that were for me were 50% off ... two tops and two pants for about $100. I have less idea of how much we spent on the kids clothes but probably a little more for each of them. I came home with 3 bags stuffed full of clothes! I desperately needed more clothes for Linnea since she has outgrown all the ones I brought for her already. I am leaving it all here with Fredrik's brother Erik and hopefully either Anna or Cattis will have a girl and one of them can use them. Otherwise, they can give it away to friends or something. I even have some of Davin's clothes that are too small that I will leave with them too. I already gave some to Ebbe but we had more that were in the laundry so maybe Erik can get them to Cattis easier than I can. I want to make as much room as possible for all the stuff we need to haul home. Davin was really pleased with his new clothes which makes me happy since he is getting to an age where it is harder to buy clothes for him. He doesn't wear much but he still has an opinion about them. He only wears soft pants and long sleeve shirts but the sleeves can't be too long. His favorite color is yellow which is hard to find and he doesn't like to wear sweaters. Maybe I should leave the sweaters here that I brought too ....

I decided to cook dinner tonight since it was a recipe that wasn't too hard to make. It turns out that Irene had most of the ingredients so it was a quick stop at the grocery store too. I made my Cuban Spiced Pork with Soffrito Rice ... actually it is a Rachel Ray recipe but Fredrik and I really like it a lot. It seems like it was a big hit since Irene wanted the recipe. Henrik had dinner with us so it was nice to visit with him a bit more. Davin is quite fond of him too which is fun to watch.

Tomorrow we are going to Ljusdal to visit Staffan, his wife Lena and their son Eddie since Staffan is feeling better already. Let's see if I can explain how they are related ... Fredrik's mom is Monika but I call her Farmor now. She has a sister named Maj and she had two sons ... Bjorn and Staffan. I am really looking forward to seeing them all again. We might not stay too long since Lena is about ready to give birth. I don't know her due date but it was early January from what I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment