Friday, June 20, 2014

Midsummer at the cabin

My other post was getting so long ... Time for a new one! Last time I was here for midsummer, there were so many people at the cabin but this time it was just Erik's family and Farmor and Jan. It was enough but certainly different than what I experienced before. Perhaps it was the COLD weather (only 9 C or 48 F) or maybe it is like Christmas where they take turns which family to spend it with. Many people had plans with other family members. We still had fun but I loved all the silly songs and drinking when there were more people.
My little Swedish summer girl!


The view down to the water from the cabin porch.
Some Aquavit made here in Jarvso. Very strong and tasted like licorice. 
I started with wine but then they gave me this Finnish beer. I liked it better than the wine!
Mia is so cute!
The rest of the cousins play so well together!
I forgot to take a photo of dinner! It was a lot of food and it was delicious. This is dessert which is strawberries and whipped cream plus some Irish Coffee for the adults.
The sun comes out for a bit so they went down to the water to try fishing. We didn't catch anything. 
This was around 9pm at night!
They try over by the grass to see if the fish are there. They aren't.
Vidar
Liv
Looking back up at the cabin from the river. The one at the top of the hill is the cabin and the one in the middle is the shower cabin. 
I even try fishing too. Tack Erik for taking my photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment