Monday, July 14, 2014

A New Dryer!

I have never been so excited to get a laundry appliance! Today was the day that our dryer was to be delivered! I don't know why we didn't think of it before but we could have bought one a few weeks ago and just unplug the drying cabinet so I could have fluffy clothes. The electrician is due to come tomorrow so hopefully we can have both items hooked up soon. We bought a Samsung Condensing Dryer and it was right in the middle of all our options. We weren't sure how to hook up a dryer since the cabinet uses the dryer vent. The answer was a condensing dryer which collects the water in a reservoir which you have to empty daily. Lucky for us, we have a sink right next to the dryer so we can hook up a hose to drain instead of collecting the water.
Our house is the red mark and the beach is at the end of the grey line. The yellow star to the right is the family cabin. It is almost close enough to see but definitely close enough to get there by boat or canoe. 

OMG, I have never been so happy to do laundry! Today I sorted through all our linens and washed a bunch of items including towels. FLUFFY TOWELS! Still, everything takes a long time to run and our washer is quite small so I only got to do two loads. I will have to take some photos tomorrow after the electrician has come. I guess I need a post about our bathroom too but hopefully I can get Fredrik to install some items before I take photos.

Farmor also came over and we had a nice visit. She suggested checking out the beach that is close to us called "Mines Beach" which is about 3 km or 2 mi away. It was a nice little beach and it would be a lot nicer if it was sunny out all the time or a tad bit warmer. The water was warm (20C or 68F which was only a little colder than the temp outside) for being on the river which can be quite cold. I thought it was cold but the kids didn't mind at all.
We took the scenic route to the beach through the countryside. This is the end of our street.
Fields as far as the eye can see.
Windows XP anyone? 
Here we are at "Mines Beach". I just dipped my feet in the water but the kids went all in!
They didn't have fun. Not. At. All.
Linnea got a little cold and had Farmor warm her up.
Then we found some beach toys and she went right back.
Davin didn't get out of the water until we told him it was time to go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment