Thursday, July 3, 2014

I Miss Costco

It was also very weird waking up this morning without Davin. We didn't have to make his medicine nor spend 30 minutes waking him up in the morning. That part was kind of nice but boy ... it sure is quiet in the house! We had made plans to meet Farmor in Bollnas to pick up Davin since she had spent a long day with Erik yesterday. Plus, we wanted to do some shopping and it is easier to do it there.

We agreed to meet for lunch which we picked up that same "China Tai" that we had at my birthday dinner. I thought I ordered the right food but we found out that she had ordered the Panang Curry without pineapple. Yeah ... it was weird. It also had cashews in it too so that was new to me as well. I didn't mind the nuts but the pineapple? Yeah, weird.
Happy 4th of July blanket!

We took the food to Farmor's house and ate lunch there. It was good to see Davin and to hear that he had been really good the whole time. Whew, that was a relief! After lunch, the kids went outside to play at the playground. I packed up the food while Fredrik proposed that Farmor watch the kids while we went shopping. She agreed! She is awesome!

First up was Jysk to pick up blinds for the rest of our windows. I found some on sale which was nice and some baskets to put in our media unit. Then we went to Rusta to buy a BBQ. I also found some paper plates, cups and an american flag blanket! We are planning to have an American 4th of July BBQ at our house on Friday so we thought it would be perfect. This is also why we wanted to buy a BBQ.

Next we split up. Fredrik went to Elgiganten to buy a printer and I headed to the grocery store Coop Extra to pick up all the party food. It was a much bigger store than the ones in Jarvso or Ljusdal but that also made it more confusing and overwhelming. Fredrik took longer than I thought with the printer so I had to figure most everything myself. Which item was "whipping cream" and which "vanilla cake" mix to buy? Which bag of chips? What potato salad? What sliced cheese? Also, the shopping cart needed 5 SEK to release it from the bin so I am so glad I had a coin on me!

This is definitely one of those times I miss Costco! All of these stores are right next to each other in a long strip mall sort of place. However, it sure is a pain to go inside each one and stand in line to check out in each store. Also, anytime I throw a party ... Costco can provide EVERYTHING and I only need one bag of chips instead of 4. Oh and the meal for $1.50? Yeah. Miss that too.

So, it was back to Farmor's to pick up the kids and we find Davin in a horrible mood. Apparently, a game of Fish didn't go his way or Farmor didn't understand the rules or didn't play by the rules he wanted? Whatever, it was just a normal thing for us to deal with and glad it was at the end of her time with him. At least she got a taste of his normal behavior! We threw him in the car and he was angry the whole way home (40 minute drive) and then went in his room for another 20 minutes while I made dinner. Once he is mad, there really isn't anything you can do until he is ready to come out of it. Sometimes it is quick but sometimes it is like today. He snapped out if it after he ate. Food does help.

Then Fredrik put together the BBQ and set up the printer. I had fun finding flag images and 4th of July items to print out for our party. Normally, these would be easy to buy but gosh ... for some reason they aren't here? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment