Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Here we go again!

I guess this might be mostly a pregnancy blog as I would like to document as much as possible in an easy way. I was actually ready to try again in April but maybe subconsciously I really wasn't. I can't even remember now why we didn't try during our "window" but I know when we did baby dance it was either slightly before or after the "window" so I was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen. I think I might have been sick or something during that time but I really can't remember right now.

I had actually planned better for the month of May and marked it on my calendar when we were going to baby dance. We were joking not too long after we baby danced a few times that I was pregnant. I wish I could remember now but I felt different almost right away and every time I was really cranky when I was hungry or had a short temper with Fredrik, he kept poking fun at me that we might be pregnant. I was hopeful but still not convinced when I took two pregnancy tests as soon as the box said I could start seeing results. The first test was on day -7 and it was negative and the next one was on day -5 before my period was due. I was overly anxious about testing because I totally miscounted the days I was supposed to test. I really should have started at 5 days before but I jumped the gun a bit. So, I had convinced myself that it just wasn't happening this month and that we would try again the next. Well, my period due date arrived and nothing happened (which is NOT unusual at all) and decided to try the test again the next morning. Much to my surprise, I peed on that darn stick and the second line appeared indicating that I am indeed pregnant! I ran to the living room -- my husband had woken up early with my son and was napping on the couch -- and woke my husband up and told him the news! I am sure he said, "I told you so!"

It was Tuesday June 12th that we found out we were pregnant. I made an appointment to pee in a cup at the doctor's office to confirm the results. Until tomorrow!

~Monica~

1 comment:

  1. See what happens when I'm not paying attention?!?!
    I hadn't read your blog for several weeks because there were no updates after March. But if I had been looking at it I would have found out 3 weeks before I did. hehe. I'm very excited for you. Crossing fingers.

    ReplyDelete