Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's confirmed!

Even though I had to deal with the biggest poopy mess this morning, I managed to make it out of the house before we head out to gymnastics to pee in the cup at the doctor's office. I hope nothing is wrong with Davin since he woke up grumpy and then had the biggest, messiest diarrhea which leaked out his diaper, down his leg and onto the carpet. I didn't realize this when I picked him up to take him to the bathroom but the act of lifting him up must have released the damn and we dripped all the way to the bathtub. YUCK! This was the start of my decision to look into replacing our flooring with laminate or something besides carpet. Hopefully, more on that later.

Back to the doctor's office and they have a new office now so the whole peeing in a cup thing is a new procedure. Davin of course went into the bathroom with me and was pretty good the whole time but very curious what I was doing. I am not entirely sure these new bathrooms were intended for peeing in a cup because they used to have everything within reach of being seated on the toilet. They pretty much had that but there was no counter to put your cup after you pee. I had to put the cup on top of the toilet paper dispenser and when I did my son started reaching for it and saying, "Juice!" UGH. How gross! I immediately intercepted him and said, "Oh no that is not juice. It is yucky!" Whew.

I didn't see the usual receptacle for placing the full cup so I had to take it with me and was wandering the halls wondering what I should do with it. Thankfully, the lab tech spotted me and rescued me from my bewilderment. About 10 minutes later, they told me the good news ... I was indeed pregnant! I went ahead and scheduled my next few appointments and it started sinking in that yes ... I am pregnant ... again!

Oh, I also got an estimate from Empire Today on new flooring and I went into this without much research at all. I see their commercials all the time and thought what the heck. Let's see what the ball park is and if it is something we can even consider doing. Well, I am not impressed with them. I don't like the way they just write down a price out of thin air which I thought was ridiculous as the "retail" price. It was over $20k for about 1000sqft?? In laminate? Even their initial price was a bit steep and she was only able to lower it if she called the "warehouse" to see if there was a special price on the flooring I picked out. Of course there was a better deal out there and that was a much better price but the whole process left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess if you like a limited selection of products/colors and not having to think about the process at all, then Empire is the way to go. I am just not willing to spend over $10k of my hard earned money without getting informed and educated about what I am buying. On to more estimates!

~Monica~

No comments:

Post a Comment