Saturday, July 12, 2014

House Cleaning Day

We have been busy the last few days and it has been too hot to do housework earlier in the week so the house is in some serious need of cleaning, dishes and laundry. None of these are my favorite chores but they are necessary. The good thing about having a small house is that it feels like you have accomplished something when you clean. It doesn't take long and it makes a big difference. The bad thing about a small house? It seems to get dirtier faster. I don't think it does but you just see it faster. I still can't stand cleaning toilets so I make Fredrik do that part. Yuck.
Excited to open her first Kinder Surprise Egg!
Today we were expecting Farfar to come over and visit so until then we just didn't do much. I cleaned a little but I wasn't in a big rush. After breakfast, Linnea got to try her first Kinder Surprise Egg which is illegal in the USA. Although, I heard reports that you can buy them so now I am not so sure. Our au pair had bought some a few months ago when she was in Canada and they were confiscated at the border. Perhaps individuals cannot bring them into the country without proper permits or something? Anyway, it is a chocolate covered plastic egg with a toy inside. Linnea ate about 1/2 the egg but loves her toy which is a little motorcycle.
First bite! Davin hasn't seen these either so he was curious what it was.
Her motorcycle toy and the 1/2 eaten egg.
Here is the outside package photo.
The kids played video games until Farfar arrived. 
The kids had ice cream for lunch since it was warm in the house. The temp was 25C or 77F outside today but the house was pretty warm. We ate breakfast late so we didn't really feel like eating much for lunch. I made fried rice for Fredrik and me and I added a salad to it. I feel like I have been vegetable deprived the last few days. Swedes eat a lot of meat and potatoes and not a lot of veggies or salads. Usually, if a salad is served ... it is about the portion I would eat for just myself but for them it is a serving for 6!
Davin has a pear flavored popsicle for lunch.
Linnea had the raspberry sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment